Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Allergy Test Results

Kayla went for her allergy test today. They did the skin prick test. The results are in and there is no improvement in Kayla's condition. In addition to the things that she is already allergic to (Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, apples, oat, beef, blueberry, strawberry, turkey, cat hair), she also is allergic to tomato, pork and dog hair.

It was a very disappointing appointment today. I was hoping for some improvement or at least her not being allergic to the tomato and pork. Also, even thought the blood test last year showed undetectible levels of turkey and blueberry, the test today showed a positive reaction to the skin prick test. I feel very defeated.

Kayla did really well, she didn't cry, she just held me tight. We told her that they were going to draw a pretty picture on her back. And boy was it pretty (NOT).

Anyway, we did get a new lotion that is supposed to help her skin, so we will try that hope that it helps her skin.

The next appointment is in 6 months. Hopefully something will change between now and then.

4 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I'm sorry to hear that! She is such a cute little girl, it's so sad to see her allergic to so many things! I can't believe she didn't cry! I would have!!! :)

Bonnie said...

Maybe sometime before the next test,we should have a family fast...
Think about it and let us know.

Charlie said...

What a brave girl!
It is very disappointing and not the news anyone wanted to hear.
But look at her..she's a happy, healthy, sweet little girl and we're all blessed to have her, trials and all.

Cassie said...

I'm so sorry for her. I've learned that Everyone has life struggles, some more lucky and unlucky than others. I have been very heartbroken over my little Ryan. He has a neurological tic disorder...most likely Tourrette's. In church on Sunday in relief society, there was a point brought to my attention that had a way of calming my heartache for him a little, It was something to the point of, before we came to this life here on earth, we were told about the battles we would have, and what we would have to endure personally. And we made the choice whether we would be able to endure it or not. It eased my burdens a bit, thinking to myself, That Ryan agreed to take on this challenge. He knew he could get through it. So even though it is so difficult for us as parents to see our children suffer a life long battle, just remember what strong and incredible little spirits they are, and that they will get through it! Kayla is such an adorable little girl!