Kayla went for her allergy testing today. We hoped that we would see some changes from the last time we had these test done. We did the scratch testing today on all of the things that she is allergic to. There were no changes. She still has severe allergies to Milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, pork, beef. The only thing that showed a little improvement was apple. We were told that after the blood test in 6 months, if the levels look good, we may be able to try apple.
Kayla was very brave. This testing is very painful. I have to hold her and pin her arms for 10-15 minutes so that she doesn't scratch or rub her back. If she did this, she would ruin the test. She only cried a little, even though I know she was really uncomfortable. We sang songs and the nurse was back before we knew it. She didn't need the full 15 min. She had 4+ (the highest scoring done) welts before the 15 min was up.
Here is a couple of pictures......






3 comments:
Boy, they really welt up! I love all the updates--very cute pictures on all your posts!
Hope she can have apples soon - they are in alot of juices! Her poor little back looks so sore! She is a tough little lady!
Carol I am so sorry we are right there with you with Kaden we should try to do their appointments the same time so we can go to lunch and make it fun!!!We should share recipes
Post a Comment