
Last week Kayla went to her Semi-annual Allergy test. She had the blood test this time. She was very nervous because she is starting to remember how NOT fun this stuff is. She didn't want to go, but after a while she decided she could be brave and do it. She was able to choose the color of her bandage, she picked purple and she was able to pick a prize out of the treasure box, she picked a colorful bracelet. Kayla was so brave, she didn't even cry.
We received Kayla's test results on Friday. Nothing much has changed, she is still extremely allergic to milk, egg, peanut, tree nuts, beef, and pork. One good bit of new is that she received the go ahead to try apple. Hopefully she will tolerate it and her skin won't react. If so, this will be great because apple is in a lot of things. Alot of juice, fruit snacks, ect have apple juice in them. Also, Kayla loved applesauce as a baby. Hopefully she will like it again.
She is also cleared to have her MMR immunization. We will go to her pediatrician this Thursday to have the shot. It will have to be done in stages. They will have to give her part of the shot, then wait 30 minutes, then give her the rest of the shot, then observe her for an hour. Should be an awesome experience for both of us. NOT. I am really scared about this, but it is important that she have this immunization, especially with measles in the valley. Hopefully nothing will go wrong and she will be able to tolerate it. Keep your fingers crossed.
I am so proud of Kayla, this is a lot for a little girl to handle. She does it without complaining and always asks if she can have something before she eats it. She doesn't seem to mind when others are eating things that she can't have, as long as she can have something.
Kayla is a joy in my life. She is so beautiful and so fun. She is my little lambie. I love her more than words can say. I just wish I could make all her health problems go away. Maybe someday....until then we'll just keep doing the best we can.





2 comments:
...and you are doing your very best. Kayla is lucky to have such caring parents. I am thrilled that she can try apples! Having some fruit on the "yes" list is great. I hope she loves them. What cute zoo pics. I love the one with her head in the dinasaur's mouth. She is a very brave girl indeed! Love you all
Way to go Kayla.. that is scary! And Carol it's just as hard on us! :) Not to forget Derek... Rick usually passes out :)
Post a Comment